Search This Blog

8.25.2010

Shuffle Song - "I Don't Believe You" by the Thermals

The Thermals first caught my ear when I heard their catchy punk song "Here's Your Future" on an episode of Showtime's Weeds. It instantly became my summer time of 2009 anthem, for a good reason. They've got a punk/rock musical formula that you can either accept or reject for its simplicity - I choose acceptance.

This power trio from Portland, Oregon formed in 2002 and recorded their first album on a cassette recorder for around $10. The demo got passed through some channels and ended up in the hands of Ben Gibbard from Death Cab For Cutie & The Postal Service, who immediately signed the band. They've been touring/recording/rocking ever since.

Love the vid. Cute concept and quite amusing, too.

The Thermals Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment