Search This Blog

8.24.2010

Covers - "La Vie En Rose" by Louis Amstrong

Original: "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Piaf

Who says covers have to be new in order to be ground breaking? There is nothing better than a musical legend covering another musical legend, in my humble opinion. Louis Amstrong covered "La Vie En Rose" by the amazing Edith Piaf, who popularized the song in 1946. This cover gained popularity in 2008 when it was used the soundtrack to the imensely successful animated film WALL-E. 


This jazz classic has been covered dozens of times, but I maintain that Louis did it the best next to Edith herself.



Another interesting version is by none other than pop-princess Cyndi Lauper. I'm not a huge fan of hers, generally speaking, but every once and a great while I hear a song by her that really stuns me. This might be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment