Search This Blog

8.10.2010

Covers - "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" by the Darkness

Original: "Get Your Hand Off My Woman" by Ben Folds

The Darkness were a flash of rock greatness and then disappeared in the late 2000's - a kind of one-hit wonder. I wish they had stuck around a bit longer because they have such an authentic 80s-rock sound that is hard to replicate without becoming pretentious or completely stuck in the past without sounding pathetic.

I love me some Ben Folds and this is one of his most amusing songs. I never thought it could be covered well, but somehow I really do enjoy this version a lot. It really just rocks. No music videos to speak of, but you can listen to it and compare it to the original, which is also brilliant. Gotta love men who sing in falsetto.

Visit the Darkness and Ben Folds online.



The original by Ben Folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment